Compare to 2009 meme
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Lesbian bar, haha.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Apparently I didn’t have any, but I wanted to take up taekwon-do and learn French, which I didn’t. In 2011 I want to read 50 books, of which 20 should be in print. I want to finish the second draft of Livet til ein oslostudent and the first draft of Aasens arving.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
USA, Scotland, Portugal, Spain, England (ish, Guernsey), France.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Willpower. So that I can do all the marvellous things I want and should. Routines.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
August 2, maybe, starting work. September 4-ish, Guri.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Passing all my classes. San Francisco. France.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Lack of routine.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Sniffles, snuffles, feeling pretty bad at times. Nothing serious, I think.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Guri. MacBook Pro. Plane tickets (San Francisco). Doctor Who Magazine subscription.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
12.1 Who kept you sane the most?
No comment. (as I doubt the premise for the question) Guri.
12.2 Who made you laugh the most?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Guri :D. San Francisco.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Any song about San Francisco? I don’t think any.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
ii. thinner or fatter?
iii. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
What I was supposed to. Study. Write. Travel. Work.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinating. TV. Nothing.
20. How was Christmas spent?
Home to Asker evening of the 23rd. Long walk with Guri on Christmas Eve morning, driving to Bekkestua with presents. Going to graveyards with Mamma and Bestemor. Risgraut. Tre nÃ¸tter til Askepott. PinnekjÃ¸t. GÃ¥ver. Familiefrukost hjÃ¥ Bestemor 1. juledag. Skulle eigentleg heim (Oslo) den kvelden, drog til Asker og drog heim dagen etter. Doctor Who (A Christmas Carol) Monday 27th. Got ill that Tuesday. Did various social things that week (had taken the week off). New Year’s Party at Ingeborg’s, left to come back to Oslo a little before midnight.
21. How many one night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program(s)?
Doctor Who, Castle, Sherlock.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Maybe irritated at some.
24. What was the best book you read?
The Lace Reader (Brunonia Barry) was a surprisingly good find. VÃ¥re venner kinesarane (Are KalvÃ¸) var gÃ¸y. Cressida Cowell’s dragon books, read by David Tennant. Sherlock Holmes. Good Omens (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman) is always good.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Evelyn Evelyn. Re-discovery of Hair music.
26. What did you want and got?
New Macbook (Pro!), puppy.
27. What did you want and didn’t get?
Material things? New iPhone, because I don’t actually need one.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
29. What did you do on your birthday?
MÃ¥lferd and calligraphy class, according to my calendar.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
32. What kept you sane?
Isn’t this much the same as question 12.1?
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
Matt Smith. Matt Smith Matt Smith. Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith Matt Smith.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
Shelli (should’ve kept contact).
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Ehrm? Travel! Get that dog!
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Delilah, Delilah, oh my, oh my, oh my – you’re irresistable – ooh ooh ooh
You make me smile when I’m just about to cry
You bring me hope, you make me laugh – and I like it
You get away with murder, so innocent
But when you throw a moody you’re all claws and you bite
That’s alright !
I love your kisses.